Airport Customs Inspection Officer CV
Airport Customs Officers implement the nation’s customs import and export laws as they apply in international airports that are categorized as ports of entry. They check shipments and their corresponding manifests and declarations as they arrive from air freight transports as well as conduct random checks on baggage content from arriving passengers form international airlines.
Airport Customs Officer CV Template
Burgess T. Kernshaw
Santa Monica, CA
Phone: (310) 466-2436
To work as a Customs Officer at the Kennedy International airport
2001 – Present: Customs Officer, Tom Bradley International, LA
- Observe airport work shift hours to coincide with arrival times of inbound international passenger and freight airlines.
- Conduct random inspection and clearance checks of passenger baggage and apply import duties on items exceeding allowed volumes or those with commercial values.
- Conduct inspection of cargo and corresponding waybills and indicate import tariffs to be charged depending on commodity types and volume.
- Respond to passenger requests and inquiries courteously and firmly implement customs rules and regulations.
- Initiate the necessary criminal and civil charges in cases of customs violation.
Skills and Qualification
- 8 years of experience as a deputized customs officers
- Excellent knowledge of the nation’s import and export laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational discipline and can long work hours when needed
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
2002 – Present: Government seminars and training on import tariffs, commodity types, dangerous goods and banned substances, and the penal code for customs violations
1999– 2002: BA Commerce, Vanderbilt University, Tennessee
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request
Category: Government Jobs CV