Government Jobs CV
Competition for government jobs is very high as they are secure jobs. This means that recruiters will be going through hundreds of job government job CVs for every advertised government job. Your government job CV should therefore be well done to receive any notice from recruiters.
A well done government CV is well thought out. Knowledge about the position and the governmental organization to which you are applying are necessary. There are several areas within the government that you can apply for e.g. as an engineer, systems analyst, manager, human resource manager and a laboratory scientist amongst many others. Ensure that you meet all the qualifications set and your CV demonstrates this clearly.
Sample Government Jobs CV
Name: Martin Smith
Address: 64 Nonsense Street
Telephone Number: (04)742 0890
Age: 29 years
To contribute knowledge and skills in finance related areas with a particular emphasis on analysis, investment and management. To apply these in an environment in which these skills will be valued. To have and to create opportunities to improve and broaden skill set to ensure the continued value as an asset to colleagues and to the organization.
2000 to 2002
University: Victoria University of Wellington
Course work: Bachelor of Commerce and Administration
Award: B.Com (Finance and Administration)
High School Education
1996 to 1999
Spring Valley High School
Award: Sixth Form Certificate
Nov 2002 to Feb 2002
Company: Electronics Ltd, Wellington
Position: Office Clerk
- Assisting with inventory control
- Handled telephone inquiries
- Filed customer accounts.
- Did general administrative work
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Leadership skills
- Captained my rugby team to the National Levels where they attained a number one position
- Motivational and an Inspirational speaker
Organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated strong Organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Campaigned and got the Student Leadership position in University
- Listened to and raised issues to the management concerning the students
- Participated in tutorials and made presentations
- Good team player
- Member of the rugby team
- Computer Literacy
- Substantial experience in online research
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in the use of desktop publishing packages including Microsoft Publisher and in website design using Dreamweaver and Optiweb
- High level of keyboard proficiency and some data entry experience.
Achievements and Responsibilities
- Captained the High School Rugby team
- Fifth form representative of the School Council
- Chairman of the Rugby Club
Hobbies and Interests
- Enjoys extensive reading
- Going to theatres
- Watching Documentaries
- I am actively involved in a number of sports for example cricket, netball, Rugby etc.
Category: Government Jobs CV