Journalist CVs should be prepared with utmost care in order to impress the employers. There is no room for error. Employers will judge your command of language from your CV. A single careless mistake in syntax is enough to loose out on your dream of being a journalist.
Journalist CVs may include a short sample of your writing work. This will help the employers judge your style and skill in writing. Additional skills necessary for a journalist should be emphasized in the journalist CV e.g. skills with different word processor software, presentation skills, research skills and analytical skills amongst many others.
Sample Journalist CV
Tel: +44 567 8990
Date of Birth: 31st January 1980
Marital Status: Single
July 2006 to Present
Working for Times News, a political press agency providing full coverage of the politics and politicians, the economy and the management sector, the securities services and brokerage sector, the European & US stock markets.
October 2003 to July 2004
Carried interviews for French and foreign magazines and media on the internet
Involved in the launching on a new magazine, Zuck for the Times Media
September 2001 to October 2002
Worked as a translator for the Union Traders, a translation agency in Paris
June 2000 to August 2003
Employee in a Press Monitoring Company
Monitoring press coverage
Producing press clippings
January 1999 to February 2000
- Trainee Journalist in Production Company
- Assisted in directing and shooting videos for two scientific documentaries in Doc en Stock which produces films for the French-Germany Arte.
- Writing reports on economical subjects.
- Local and economical writing and reporting.
- Writing, gathering of information for a Web start-up, Wisiweb, on the employment issue.
- Trainee press agency journalist
- Writing, reporting for the Lisbon, Portugal subsidy of France Press
Trainee radio journalist
Reporting, speaker at a local radio station, Radio Canal Sud, in Toulouse, Southern France
2002 to 2003
Biology studies by correspondence course at l’Université Paris 6, France.
Master in Techniques of Information and Journalism
Training in daily press, weekly press, radio and television
University of California
Diploma in Political Studies
1998 to 1999
European Studies at the University of Bradford, UK.
- Excellent writing skills
- Fluent in English, French and Spanish
- Proficient in Windows and Mac environment.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, quark express, illustrator etc.
- Excellent translator.
Interest and Hobbies:
- Extensive reading and writing
- Watching movies
- Writing poems, short stories and full length books.
- Discovering people’s cultures
- Stimulating conversations and also learning on any subject.
Category: Media CV