News Editor CV
Mile End Road
London, E5 4NS
To work as a news editor in a prestigious news organization that values truth and news accuracy.
Summary of Qualifications
- Two years of professional experience as news editor of a local newspaper.
- Two years of professional experience as a news writer of a local newspaper.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional skills in writing news and editing articles.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Portfolio of published news articles and newspaper issues under my editorship can be furnished during the interview.
- Can work well under pressure.
- Willing to work extended hours.
Professional Experience / Career History
2009 – Present: News Editor, London Weekly
- Manage and oversee a news team.
- Preside over meetings of the news staff.
- Brainstorm and search for events and other things that would be worthy of making the newspaper.
- Make decisions on the prioritization of news based on importance.
- Assign tasks to the news staff.
- Edit articles and discuss the articles with the news writers if necessary
- Write important articles.
2007 – 2009: News Writer, London Weekly
- Write news articles assigned by the news editor.
- Look for other news-worthy items.
2003 – 2007: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, London University
Involved in writing since in College and was an editor of the student paper.
Professional reference will be furnished during the interview if requested.
Category: Media CV