Writer CVs should be the most professionally done CVs. There is no room for grammatical errors or errors in syntax. Since your CV is in most cases the only tool you can use to make a good first impression on your prospective employer, you must ensure that the format and language you use makes your CV stand out. Avoid rambling about irrelevant things and stick to the point. Your CV should reflect a good command of language as well as a creative mind.
Employers will be keen about every aspect of your CV therefore you must pay a lot of attention to detail. To help you increase your chances of landing that job as a writer we have put together a good writer CV sample. Take some time to go through it and if you follow the cues in it then you will always be ahead of the pack when it comes to writer recruitment.
Sample Writer CV
234 Dawson’s Creek
Telephone No: 243 656 766
Mobile No: 3543 5454 65
Creative writer seeking employment in a publishing house as an article and novel writer. The position should include opportunities to assist authors in writing manuscripts for their novels and eventually lead to the writing of entire manuscripts individually. Willing to apply creative writing skills gained by assisting various novelist complete their manuscripts.
Certificate in Creative Writing- Creek Writing School- 2003 – 2004
BA in Literature- Chicago School of Arts-1998 – 2002
Diploma in IT -Technology School of Creek- 1997 – 1999
2004 – To date: Assistant author at the McDonald Publishing House
• Wrote short stories to be included in anthologies
• Assisted novelists in completion of their manuscripts by assisting them in writing part of the manuscript and carrying out research for their novels
• Proofread and edited short stories and novels by authors published by McDonalds Publishing House
2002 – 2003: Newspaper Reporter at the Chicago Tribune
• Wrote articles for the lifestyle magazine
• Interviewed people to gather information for articles
• Gathered information from online websites
• Assisted other reporters in researching for their articles
• Individually wrote and published three short story anthologies
• Individually wrote and published a novel ‘The Birth of Flight’ at the Short’s Publications
• Winner of the upcoming reporters in the human interest category for 2003 while writing articles for the Chicago Tribune
Category: Media CV