Anesthesiologists are medical doctors who have specialized and are certificated to administer anesthesia to assist surgeons in major surgical operations, Considered as peri-operative physicians trained to take care of patients before after a major surgery, anesthesiologists also monitor anesthesia levels in patients undergoing surgery for intraoperative adjustment of anesthesia.
Anesthesiologist CV Format
Dr. Nathaniel J. Curtis, M.D.
Vance Ave., Memphis, Tennessee
Phone: (423) 639-7822
To work as an Anesthesiologist in a large metropolitan or city hospital
2006 – Present: Anesthesiologist, National College Medical Center, TN
- Coordinate with resident physician and guest surgeons for the schedules of operations where general anesthesia is required
- Administer and monitor general anesthesia to patients undergoing cranial, abdominal and cardiopulmonary surgeries.
- Supervise nurses in preparing patients for administration of general anesthesia
- Supervise medical the technologists assigned in the surgery section in the operation and maintenance of anesthetic monitoring appliances.
- Provide post operative monitoring of patients to control pain and progressively manage withdrawal of anesthetic effects.
1997 – 2000: Resident Physician, University Hospital, Geneva
- Diagnose and treat patients referred by hospital admissions staff
- Assist emergency ward physicians when volume of patients cannot be handled by assigned staff.
Skills and Qualification
- Obtained license to practice medicine in the state of Tennessee in 2000
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
2001 – 2002: Anesthesiologist Training, College of Medicine, Harvard University
1994 – 1996: Internship and Fellowship at the University Hospital Geneva
1991 – 1994: College of Medicine, University of Lucerne
1988 – 1991: BS in Biology, University of Lucerne
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request
Category: Medical CV