Many people are seeing employment in the procurement field and leaving other industries. Procurement is accommodative for people with different qualifications. You can study for a degree, diploma or certificate in procurement even if you already have an academic qualification in another field such as science or art.
Employers seeking to recruit procurement personnel look for character traits and skills such as innovation, problem solving skills, information technology skills and experience in areas that are related to procurement such as experience in a managerial position. Demonstrate as far as possible in your CV that you have these skills and experience in a field in which you have gained skills that can be transferred to the procurement field if you want to be considered for employment in procurement.
Sample Procurement CV
Kensington Place, London
Telephone No: 232 233 43
Mobile No: 343 434 3
Experienced procurement officer seeking employment as a procurement officer in an educational institution. The position should allow the advancement in career within the procurement field to the position of manager. The position should also allow the opportunity to study and carry out extensive research within the procurement field. Willing to use experience and innovation in problem solving for the advancement of the institution.
Post Graduate Diploma in Procurement -The Union University- 2001 – 2003
BSc. Biochemistry- The Union University - 1997 – 2001
2003 – 2008: Procurement Officer at The Union University
- Organized for and oversaw the purchase of goods and services to the university
- Checked the received supplies to ensure they were in order
- Inspected supplies before their purchase
- Carried out extensive research regarding suppliers before their hiring
- Supervised the offloading and distribution of delivered supplies
- Supervised students on internship and recently hired staff
- Maintained records on equipment and supplies purchased and equipment sold or discarded by the university
- Trained recently hired staff in the fundamentals of procurement and the system used in the university
- Gave lectures to management and procurement students about the procurement fundamentals.
2001 – 2003 Research Scientist at the Union University Department of Biochemistry
- Carried out research online
- Supervised the offloading of equipment and reagents
- Assisted in the setting up of experiments
- Assisted senior staff and master’s students in the practical aspects of their projects
- Initiated an easier record keeping method in the union University Procurement department successfully that has seen the a reduction in the loss of supplies due to poor record keeping
- Was assistant researcher in a project that was awarded the Young Scientists Award for excellence and innovation
Category: Purchasing CV