Purchasing Manager CV
The field of purchasing is seeing an increase in the number of people applying for employment and leaving other industries to pursue careers in the field. This is because this field is accommodative to professionals from various other fields. You do not have to study for a degree, diploma or certificate in purchasing. Qualifications in other areas and experience in the field of purchasing is sometimes enough to satisfy employers.
Employers seeking to recruit purchasing personnel look for character traits and skills such as innovation, problem solving skills, information technology skills and experience in areas that are related to purchasing such as experience in procurement or managerial positions. Demonstrate as far as possible in your CV that you have these skills and experience in a field in which you have gained skills that can be transferred to the purchasing field if you want to be considered for employment in purchasing.
Sample Purchasing Manager CV
Shaw Place, Leeds
Telephone No: 223 434 3
Mobile No: 3434 34 33
Experienced and highly qualified purchasing manager seeking employment as a purchasing manager in a busy institution. Seeking to advance in career to position of overall purchasing manager. The position should also allow for further study in the area of purchasing management. Believes extensive experience as a purchasing manager and innovation in approach to problem solving will be an asset to the institution.
Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Union University 2003 – 2004
B Sc. Chemistry - Union University- 1999 – 2002
2004 – 2008 Purchasing Manager at the Oregon University
- Organized for and oversaw the purchase of goods and services to the university
- Checked the received supplies to ensure they were in order
- Inspected supplies before their purchase
- Carried out extensive research regarding suppliers before their hiring
- Supervised the offloading and distribution of delivered supplies
- Supervised students on internship and recently hired staff
- Gave lectures to students studying management and procurement in purchasing and supplies
- Trained recently hired staff
2001 – 2003: Chemical Analyst at Oregon University Department of Chemistry
- Carried out research online
- Checked and maintained records on reagents and equipment as well as purchases and sales of the department
- Supervised the making and selling of detergent in the department to customers from the university and industries
- Supervised the offloading of equipment and reagents
- Assisted in the setting up of experiments
- Supervised and trained students on internship
- Handed out and supervised departmental examinations and continuous assessment tests.
- Wrote and researched paper on the chemical analysis of the Black Widow Spider’s Venom while working as a chemical analyst at the Oregon University Chemistry Department
Category: Purchasing CV