Internship CV is mostly prepared by continuing students. The first step in getting an internship position is by sending your internship CV which may determine whether the recruitment process succeeds or not. Remember that your CV will be analyzed by recruiters who want to be impressed.
Internship CVs are very demanding to prepare but ought to be simple in nature. It should state your current state and your intentions clearly. Details on your education should be clearly spelt out.
Grammar and spelling must be correct. Check for grammatical or spelling errors and then proof read it a final time. A recruiter will easily dismiss your CV sample on noticing the slightest error. For the employer he may conclude simply that you are careless.
Sample Internship CV
Name: Martin Bloggs
Date of Birth: 06/04/82
Phone No: 44 3456 284
Computer science student seeking to be employed in a computing role as part of Software Engineering Internship so as to gain practical experience in the IT industry. Was successful in database and programming subjects in the first two years of the computing course and feel that the skills gained could contribute to the growth of the company. Has specific interest in Web programming and would like to strengthen skills in this area.
I feel that I am hardworking, technically astute and work well both independently and within a team. I possess good communication skills both verbal and written and always strive to meet deadlines.
University: Harvard University
Course: Computer Science Program
Year: 1st Year
- Programming Principles 1A (Java)
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Computer Systems 1 (Assembly)
- Mathematics 251A
- Introduction to Psychology 1A
- Programming Principles 1B (Java)
- Computer Systems 2 (Assembly)
- Introduction to Database Systems (SQL)
- Mathematics for Computer Science
- 2nd Year subjects
- Programming Principles 2A (C)
- Software Engineering 1 (whole year)
- Computing Theory
- Data Communications
- Programming Principles 2B (C & Java)
- Operating Systems
- Object-Oriented Programming (C++)
- Extensive knowledge of Computer hardware support and networking basics
- Proficient with programming in Java, C++, and C sharp
- Proficient in Ms Office applications (Ms Excel, Ms Access, PowerPoint, Ms Outlook)
- Knowledge of Red hat Linux
- Knowledge of mysql database programming language, macromedia flash, fireworks and design programs (illustrator, Photoshop)
Jan ‘03 – present
C++ development for Microsoft Windows NT
Repair and maintenance of printers (Epson and Hp printers)
- Harvard Computer Society (ACS) junior member
- Social Club Member of the Hawthorn Football Club
- Academic Excellence Award (Com Tech Industry)
- Certificate of Credit, Mathematic Competition
- Certificate of Credit, Science Competition
Mountain Climbing, Golf, Football.
Category: Student CV