Film&Movie Reviewer CV
Movie lovers often refer to their favourite Film/Movie Critics or Reviewers to guide them on which upcoming movies are worth the wait to watch. Film reviewers are excellent writers whose objective is as much to entertain as their subjects are. They may not always agree with popular sentiments of what a good movie is about but they provide interesting an entertaining reads. Their works are nonetheless published in newspapers or in online movie review sites like rottentomatoes.com.
Film Reviewer CV Format
Brenda O. Fullbright
Live Oak St., Dallas, Texas
Phone: (214) 422-4223
To work as a full time contributing movie critic and reviewer to a weekly entertainment journal or broadsheet.
2004 – Present: Freelance movie critic for the Chicago Tribune, New York Times, USA Today, Entertainment Weekly and Rottentomatoes. com
- Check forthcoming movie releases from the major and independent movie production studios and get a pre-commercial screening play date or premiere
- Take down notes while the movie is being played and organize these notes into cohesive essayistic reviews.
- Submit list of movies to be reviewed to the publisher to get recommended titles for review during the upcoming publication.
- Submit reviews as on or before indicated deadline as email attachments.
- Accept special review projects provided that the movie material I available on Blu-ray or DVD
- Extensive exposure to European, Oriental and Hollywood films over the last 50 years
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on essays and review
Portfolio of film reviews published online and in major entertainment journals available upon request during the interview
1984 – Present: Extensive library of nearly 5,000 films from European post-war film noir to modern Hollywood with vast experience in film as a hobby
1993 – 1996: BA English Literature, UCLA
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request
Category: Writer CV